Thursday, July 21, 2005

My sampling buddies




Since I arrived in Thailand on the 5th of July, Bim, Nun, and Bundit, my new friends and field sampling colleagues at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok have been indefatigable guides, scientists, and pals ... they've guided me through the nooks and crannies of this amazing country from temples to tributaries. They always keep a great sense of humor and a "it's ok" attitude (with the oft-uttered Thai phrase "mai pen lai", or "don't worry about it!" -- even when, as in Bundit's case, his most cherished possession, his cell phone, took a little dive into the drink ...)
Here are pics of Nun (left) and Bim on top of the Doi Suthep monastery, near Chiang Mai, and Bundit, on that fateful day of cell phone drenching (don't worry, the cell phone has since been restored to life ... much to the chagrin of myself, Bim, and Nun :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home